Looking for a career in the art market?
BAU-XI Gallery is seeking a Gallery Associate.
Working side-by-side with the gallery manager and director, the gallery associate will be completing a wide variety of gallery tasks such as website management, assistance with exhibition planning and promotion, preparing and sending press releases, client liaising, gallery maintenance, exhibition installation, photographing and documenting artwork inventory, and other gallery administrative tasks.
- Educational experience in art history or arts administration
- Experience with/knowledge of contemporary fine art, and an understanding of commercial gallery work
- Superior communication skills, with a polite and professional speaking, phone, and email manner
- High level of professionalism and maturity
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy, in a constantly changing work environment
- Working weekend hours. Both Saturday & Sunday 9:45-5:30pm
- Willingness to support gallery staff in a multitude of gallery tasks including gallery maintenance, administrative duties, and artwork installation
- Be a contributing team player, with a desire to learn from and work collaboratively with fellow staff members
- Heavy lifting ability (25 lbs).
- Comfortable performing physical tasks such as hanging and handling heavy artwork, standing on a ladder, etc. (training provided)
Experience with the following is considered an asset:
- Previous commercial gallery work
- Comparable luxury sales
- Adobe Photoshop, and digital photography skills
Professional resume with cover letter may be dropped off in person to Tess Peckover at Bau-Xi Gallery (340 Dundas St West). Emailed applications will also be accepted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact number: 416-977-0600. We will review applications until the position is filled.
More about Bau-Xi Gallery: www.bau-xi.com
Internships and Work Experience
Are you a student or recent graduate from an Arts Management Program? The ADAC accepts applications for internships in communications, marketing, events and member services. If you are interested in gaining work experience at the ADAC, please send a cover letter stating your area of interest and resume to email@example.com.