Looking for a career in the art market?
Appraisal Assistant - YCW Building Careers in Heritage
Start Date: September 4, 2018
End Date: December 21, 2018
Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Appraisal Service - The ADAC offers established and professional valuations of artworks that are donated to cultural institutions in Canada. We are looking for an Art Appraisal Assistant to assist the Appraisal Coordinator in facilitating and coordinating the ADAC Appraisal Service.
- Receive appraisal applications from institutions and ensure applications are complete
- Read through documents and ensure information is accurate (rectify any errors and discrepancies)
- Enter collection information into ADAC appraisal database and maintain correspondence and material in electronic and paper files
- Assist in obtaining sales information for appraisers when necessary
- Produce sales graphs for appraisal report (gather information from submitted appraisals, confirm auction values, convert values to appropriate currency and source reference images)
- Assist with editing and formatting final appraisal report
- Update and maintain ADAC client/vendor/membership lists
- Assist with telephone and email inquiries from the general public regarding appraisals of art work, donation, purchase, artist representation, etc.
- Assist with ADAC’s social media, website platforms and member newsletters according to guidelines and schedule
- Assist with ADAC’s participation at Art Toronto, coordination of the Annual General Meeting or other ADAC events
- Post-secondary degree in art history or equivalent
- a general knowledge of Canadian and international fine art
- Good time management and organization; ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Experience with databases and information management
- a general knowledge of the Cultural Property Export and Import Act and the Canadian Cultural Property Export Review Board an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
This position is funded by the Young Canada Works (Building Careers in Heritage) Program. To be eligible, the following criteria must apply:
- A recent Canadian college or university graduate (within the last 24 months)
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
See the full eligibility criteria at https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/young-canada-works/students-graduates/careers-heritage-graduates.html
The ADAC thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ADAC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of Canada to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: August 10, 2018
Internships and Work Experience
Are you a student or recent graduate from an Arts Management Program? The ADAC accepts applications for internships in communications, marketing, events and member services. If you are interested in gaining work experience at the ADAC, please send a cover letter stating your area of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.