Asian and Islander that is pacific( females business owners continue steadily to make sizable gains in the usa. In line with the Center for females’s company Research’s “Asian and Pacific Islander Women-Owned Businesses in the United States, 2002: an undeniable fact Sheet, ” there is a 45% boost in how many organizations Asian and Pacific Islander women have between 1997 and 2002. A calculated 358,503 majority-owned, privately held organizations owned by pacific and asian Islander feamales in america had been also reported, accounting for $49.1 billion in product product product sales, and using significantly more than 370,000 individuals.
Other styles in development among API businesses that are women-owned 1997 and 2002 include:
- The amount of workers employed by Asian and Islander that is pacific women-owned into the U.S. Increased by 18per cent, and product product sales rose by 29%.
- Roughly one-third (30%) of all of the minority women-owned organizations within the U.S. Are owned by Asian or Pacific Islanders.
- Asian and Islander that is pacific women-owned represent 6% of most privately-held, majority-owned women-owned organizations in america. Asian and Pacific Islander females business people additionally take into account 10% regarding the employment that is total of businesses, and 9% of product product sales.
- API ladies business people are very likely to have workers than are also firms that are women-owned. Almost one-fourth (23%) of Asian and Pacific-Islander firms that are women-owned at minimum someone apart from the dog owner, in comparison to 16% of women-owned firms general.
- Over one-third (36%) of all of the organizations owned by people of Asian US lineage are owned by females; Asian women-owned companies use 30% of this workers in Asian-owned businesses and generate 26% associated with product sales.
- The 10 states aided by the number that is greatest of Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses (on the basis of the amount of businesses, employment and product product sales) are: Ca, ny, Texas, Florida, Hawaii, nj-new jersey, Virginia, Illinois, Washington and Georgia. These states additionally account fully for over 75% of the many API firms that are women-owned the U.S.
- At the time of 2002, the 10 states utilizing the growth that is fastest within the wide range of Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses had been: Maine; Tennessee; Montana; Oklahoma; Kentucky; West Virginia; Wyoming; Vermont; Alabama; Idaho.
- The solution sector (52%) makes up over 50 % of the companies API women very very own. Around 15.2% have been in the trade that is retail while a projected 10% have been in Finance/Insurance/Real Estate, Transportation/Communications/Utilities, and Wholesale trades.
- The states where Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses comprise the share that is greatest of most women-owned businesses are: Hawaii (55%), California (14%), ny (11%), Virginia (9%), Nevada, nj-new jersey, Maryland and Washington (tied – 8%), and Texas, Georgia, Alaska in addition to District of Columbia (tied – 6%).
- Non-traditional companies continue being areas using the growth rates that are greatest for Asian and Pacific Islander women-owned businesses. Companies into the agriculture/forestry/fishing sector expanded by 70%, and people in transportation/communications/utilities increased by 56%.
*The U.S. Bureau of this Census separated Asian and islanders that are pacific United states Indian and Alaskan Natives inside their “1997 Survey of Minority-Owned Business Enterprises. ” In previous studies, both teams were combined into one category.
Cultural teams contained in the Asian/Other U.S. Census Bureau statistics are: Chinese (28%), Asian Indian (18%), Korean (15%), Vietnamese (11%), Japanese (9.4%), Filipino (9.3%), Other Asian (8%), and Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (2%).
Quantity, Employment, product product Sales anChange that is percent among Women Owned businesses by Industry: 1997 to 2002
|1997(1)||2002(2)||improvement in percent|
|Total United States|
|Number of Firms||247,966||358,503||44.8|
|Product Sales ($000)||38,100,700||49,068,703||20.0|
|Number of companies||1,878||2,858||70.3|
|Product Sales ($000)||133,715||259,107||93.8|
|amount of organizations||140||129||-8.2|
|product Sales ($000)||D||D||D|
|Number of companies||2,972||3,418||15.0|
|Product Sales ($000)||711,228||562,784||-20.9|
|Number of companies||6,240||6,774||8.6|
|Number of organizations||5,628||8,803||56.4|
|Product Sales ($000)||757,811||1,296,468||71.1|
|Number of companies||8,185||9,963||21.7|
|Product Product Sales ($000)||11,019,906||13,022,510||18.2|
|Number of Firms||48,089||54,370||13.1|
|Product Sales ($000)||9,318,712||11,504,824||23.5|
|amount of organizations||18,757||17,171||-8.5|
|Product Product Sales ($000)||1,362,952||729,524||-46.5|
|amount of organizations||133,721||185,314||38.6|
|Product Sales ($000)||11,106,181||14,333,170||29.1|
Supply: National Foundation for ladies companies, utilizing posted information because of the U.S. Bureau regarding the Census.
States using the Greatest range Asian and Pacific Islander Women businesses that are owned 1997 to 2002
|State||Number of companies||Employment||product Sales ($000)||Ranking by Number of Firms|
|New York||48,262||20,692||$ 3,287,276||2|
Top 10 States aided by the Fastest development prices when you look at the Number of Asian and Pacific Islander Women Owned companies, 1997 to 2002