Looking for a career in the art market?
Oeno Gallery Employment Opportunity June 22 2020
Bring your enthusiasm and creativity to this contemporary art gallery and sculpture garden,
located in the heart of Prince Edward County, next to Huff Estates. One full time opportunity available. We are looking for energetic, qualified applicants who share our enthusiasm for art, design and creativity and who want to be a part of a growing team for the long term.
ASSISTANT ART PREPARATOR
We are seeking a personable, professional and competent person who can work with our art consultants
and clients to assist in presenting, moving, packing, shipping, transporting, installing and selling artwork.
The successful applicant will also have responsibilities for logging inventory, managing the storage
and organization of art works on the premise and in storage facility. This role requires attention to detail, ability to changes tasks regularly and comfort working within gallery as well as clients residential and commercial environments.
- Welcome collectors and visitors into gallery and sculpture garden
- Help to coordinate in-gallery client appointments
- Assist the art consultants within the gallery during operating hours and client appointments
- Inventory input into gallery management system
- Assist exhibition installations and uninstalls at gallery and in sculpture garden
- Adjust lighting for exhibitions
- Help install frames on paintings
- Packing, crating and preparing artwork for shipment
- Driving commercial truck to points in Ontario or Quebec on a weekly basis
- Moving artworks of various weights and dimensions throughout the gallery or to and from delivery truck
- Deliver and install artwork at gallery and in client homes and offices in a professional manner
- Work with gallery staff to log and perform condition reports for artworks coming in and going out of gallery
- Proficiency in creating artwork proposals for clients using Powerpoint with staff direction
- Help maintain 4 online platforms with new and existing artwork
- Help maintain Oeno Gallery website with new and existing artwork
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Computer proficiency with data management, contact management and email including: Powerpoint, Adobe, Photoshop, Word, Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook and Instagram
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license. Can and will drive a truck 2-3 times a week.
- Computer skills to input inventory and text/image data
- Customer service skills – must be able to interact professionally and effectively with clients at gallery and in home
- Careful installation skills within specialty environments
- Ability to patch and paint walls
Preference will be given to candidates with a passion for the visual arts, who have an art education and
who have experience working with a gallery or related business with involvement in packing, installation and visual presentation. Must be bondable. Must have a clean driving record and be comfortable driving delivery van in large urban settings.
Work expectations: 40 hours a week – Weekends required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Benefits available after probation period.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Apply by email ONLY to Dana Charles, email@example.com
with subject line: Application – Assistant Art Preparator- Oeno Gallery
Member: Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Art Dealers Association of Canada
Prince Edward County Art Dealers Association
Prince Edward County Arts Trail
Chamber of Commerce
Internships and Work Experience
Are you a student or recent graduate from an Arts Management Program? The ADAC accepts applications for internships in communications, marketing, events and member services. If you are interested in gaining work experience at the ADAC, please send a cover letter stating your area of interest and resume to ExecutiveDirector@ad-ac.ca.